Because it’s Thanksgiving month, many people on Facebook are posting daily about what they are thankful for. Today I woke up not feeling so well, and decided to stay home. Maybe it’s because I slept too much, or because I was largely surrounded by silence, but I’ve been feeling reflective today. Since this is a 30-day blogging challenge, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and talk about the top five things I am thankful for. And yes, I am excluding the obligatory family and friends, because that’s a given.
1. My health. Ironic because I have a cold? Not particularly. It’s forcing me to rest and realize things could be much worse.
2. Feeling on-track. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I am on a positive progression in life.
3. Being debt-free. Having paid off my student loans lifts a huge burden off my shoulders
4. Karate and Bellydance. Best stress relief ever, and a great group of people. Even though I’m currently on a break from dance.
5. Growth and passion. Not just my own, but also seeing people around me taking strides to grow and progress in their personal and professional lives.